mucho-danger

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I've got a problem...

“Psst…a half of the white stuff and a quarter of the green and black”. Yep amigos I’m in denial but I have to admit it, I’ve got an addiction. Read on and tell me if I need to seek help?

The other week I was out of milk so popped down the shops, a quick and simple trip for two pints of semi-skimmed, whilst the kettle boiled. Upon turning the corner into the high street I can only say that I was bodily taken over by my little problem. There in front of me was the market and calling out to me was a Greek food stall. I was hopelessly distracted by a huge bowl of Greek sun-dried tomatoes and the rather craftily placed free sample sign. Venturing closer I also saw row upon row of olives and the final straw…a tub filled with blocks of freshly cut Feta.
The Greek man knew I had a problem…”Yes Sir, try the olives, beautiful like the Greek woman”. At first I was strict and just asked for some sun-dried tomatoes (just a few, for research purposes only). The Greek man kept on “Some Feta Sir, fresh and pure and white like a Santorini summer”. Ok I thought, I’d just have half a block of Feta. No, the Greek man looked offended and I had to agree with him in that cutting it was a bit like what we did with the "Elgin" marbles! By this time I was on a roll, the Greek had me hooked and knew it. “Some Olives Sir” Yes hombre, some of these a few of those…mmm! I was high on Feta and Olive buying! Finally I stopped; I didn’t want to OD so I asked the man. How much? "22 Pounds, Sir!", Madre mia! I had to quickly revisit the cash machine but well worth it. The most expensive two pints of milk shopping trip ever. I think I’ve got a Feta and Olive problem folks!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm...imagine if he offered you a Greek woman...talking about it actually...what do you think of Greek women?

3:36 am  
Blogger Señor Tronosco said...

Hola!

Well...I once read that the ancient Greek women of Attica used to run around naked in the forest pretending to be bears? Which I find strangely appealing...RRRaaaRRR!

So to answer your question, Yes, very nice but i'd enquire about the region and it would need to be close to pay-day!

11:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://ivlkrwnnz.com]BvdDp[/url] , oFxJiUQe - http://hhmgziigpu.com

1:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home