mucho-danger

Monday, August 28, 2006

Bloggers Guide To Flamenco! -Part 1

Olé amigos and bienvenido to my
Bl(a/o)ggers Guide To Flamenco!
“Madre mia, qué idiota!” I hear you cry, “it’s all high waisted trousers, shouting, mad gypsy haircuts, open shirts and Camaron medallions”. Well some of it is but what’s so wrong about a lump of precious metal swinging in your chest hair (especially when adorned with the face of José Monje Cruz)? And that’s just for the men. You senoritas get really spoilt! Carmen Amaya, Sara Bares, polka dots, ruffles, mantillas, abanicos...I could go on. Qué Guapa!
Lo siento, I’m getting distracted.

INTRODUCTION
Where did my love of Flamenco come from apart from the guapa gitanas? Well, I’ve got a friend and she used to live with a Spanish teacher from Malaga. I used to go round to see my friend and I’m not joking every time would turn into a re-enactment of the Seville Feria. Yep, the men would eat and get merry on Tinto Verrano and the hostess would baile, baile, baile around the kitchen. Half way through the night other random Spanish people would turn up, some with guitars, and before you knew it the house was full. I didn’t know what sleep deprivation and paella induced heartburn was really like until those days. So I guess from that day on I had an interest, much like an extreme sport for those who like their sleep!

So, my guide is going to cover the all you need to know about flamenco music. That’s the traditional right up to the Nuevo Flamenco of today! “Señor Tronosco is really spoiling us”. Yep that’s right, I might even throw in some stuff about the dancing. Your very own cut-out-and-keep guide, so next time you find yourself in the caves of Sacromonte you’ll really be able to mix it!

Tune in later this week when I start with Flamenco palos, or in English, Flamenco music styles.

CONTENTS
Bloggers Guide To Flamenco! -Part 2 -Flamenco Palos

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Hi S T, I love those dresses, and the music. I think you should give us all a bit of Flamenco on your guitar in part two. Could I have my book back please?

7:33 pm  
Blogger Señor Tronosco said...

That's put me on the spot!

The lovely "Leonora" is currently being oiled and touched up. She's not highly strung enough yet to be making beautiful noises! (Nora for short, she's my guitar).

You want the book back before people cut-out-and-keep it? Humph...

8:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home