mucho-danger

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I've been thinking about the future.

Today I’ve been thinking about the future. Well to be exact the 1950's and 1960's vision of the future. I remember as a kid (relatively recently!) looking at some of my papá’s schoolbooks. The basic content of which was:

  • We would travel around in jet-cars.
  • Food would be a small pill for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
  • An in-house Robot would replace a women’s work.
  • Nuclear energy would power everything.
  • Work would become obsolete, allowing father to take Johnny Jr. fishing everyday of the week.
  • There would be a colony on Mars, mining stuff.
  • High-rise buildings would solve overcrowding.
  • and many, many more!

Wow, weren't they wrong. Socially, economically, environ...monu...mentally-wrong!
These mistakes I can live with but one thing troubles me. Why did the picture of the futuristic house with in-house Robot show it pushing a 1950's vacuum cleaner and wearing a piney like my Great-great grandmother?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Senor Tronosco. I found your shtick! How's it going hombre?
Let me know when the Tequilla shipment arrives. Catch up soon
Regards,
Jesus de la Pasta!

9:16 am  
Blogger Señor Tronosco said...

Jesus! Jesus de la Pasta? You are so full of it amigo!
Remember, my real identity is a secret. Any leaks and I'll forget the salt and lime you big chica!

Hasta la pasta.

10:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home