mucho-danger

Saturday, August 12, 2006

What no Blog or water?

Well folks it's been a busy week in the off-line world of Señor Tronosco. Although busy I have found time to ponder a few more of life's questions, so stay tuned and I'll be rolling them out over the next few days!
Following my last post about "Sparkling" water, I may have to re-evaluate my opinion on it's usefulness following an event this week. I awoke on Wednesday in a neanderthal state, stumbled to the bathroom half asleep and switched on the shower. Nothing, nada! Ok the shower light was on, the main power switch on, the electrics worked. I then spent the next 5minutes checking the fuse box, all was ok. In my sleepy-idiot state I couldn't work it out. The shower was ok but why no water? I then had a moment of clarity following a yawn and a stretch, let's try the tap. Bugger it! No water!
I then spent the next 30seconds in a minor panic trying to answer the following questions;

Why no water?
Was it just water to this house?
Had a pipe burst?
Was somewhere in the house flooded?
Had WWIII started?
Was this the drought that the water company had forecast?
How was I going to get to work, unshowered, with a major case of bed hair?
How was I going to explain this to my boss, as I was now late?
Would I die of thirst?

Why don't I ever keep a bottle of water in the house?
Could I possibly shower using water from the garden storage tank?

It is situations like these that you really appreciate how spoilt we have become. I don't have any provisions in the house. Seriously if a disaster struck on any scale i'd die of thirst or hunger and would probably have to resort to looting the local supermarket! I don't know the first thing about "living in the wild". I'd end up drinking some polluted source of water, posionous berries or maiming myself on my homemade animal snare. I don't have a clue, which worries me.
Luckily for me the loss of water was due to a burst pipe in the local area and was back on after a few hours. In which time I had managed to make a cup of tea from some melted ice cubes I found in the fridge.

Incidentally if I had had some sparkling water I would have happily enjoyed it's refreshing properties. It would have been great to bathe in as well, like a jacuzzi. Now there's an idea?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home