mucho-danger

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Keyboards

Today i've been thinking about keyboards. Well, not all of the day as that would have been quite boring, not to mention weird!

From talking to people I think this is a common problem. A lot of people these days eat at their desk. When at work I tend to get a lunchtime baguette and sometimes eat it at my desk whilst typing inane emails to friends and surfing the internet.
The only trouble is the issue of crumbs, these tend to fall and lodge between the keys of my keyboard, most of them end up in the no-mans land at the bottom of the casing.

I picked up my keyboard the other day and it sounded like a Maraca! Very tuneful but not very hygenic. The only cleaning solution is to take my waste paper bin, turn the keyboard upside down over it and shake/hit it to try and dislodge the crumbs. Much like banging an old carpet against the back wall it's just not that effective. I only ever manage to get rid of half a baguettes worth of discarded food matter not the full ammount. Incidently the accidental ketchup and coffee spillage will never be removed but serves as a useful reminder against repeating that particular accident.

Ok so I had this brilliant idea. Why not develop a keyboard with a pull out crumb tray. You've seen toasters, they have a little tray at the base that you can remove and dispose of the crumbs.
What a fantastic idea, crumbs fall through the keys straight into the tray, ready for easy and safe disposal. The tray doesn't have to be that deep, what the heck if that's a problem why not an opening flap on the base of the keyboard. Over the bin, open the flap and watch the crumb storm.

I'm hoping someone out there can take this invention on? Or maybe it exists already? Might work up some drawings in the near future!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home