mucho-danger

Thursday, August 17, 2006

One Lump Or Two?

Buenas! I was out and about in Londres ("The Big Smoke") today, working, winking at Señoritas, walking into lamposts etc. Whilst travelling around I like to sample a bit of life, so it's usual for me to skive off for a bit and check out on foot what's going on. Normally I end up suited and booted with a group of japanese tourists watching the changing of the guard. I once found myself pulling faces trying to make the guard laugh, taking tourist photos of the horses and Tower Bridge and even found myself on one of those red tourist buses! I love the city.
Anyways, whilst man-about-town today i must have consumed a near fatal ammount of take out coffee. This got me thinking. Britain a nation of Tea drinkers, a pride and great history in brewing a cuppa, tea cosy knitting, warming the pot, one lump or two! Why, oh why can you not get a cup of perfectly brewed take out tea (for all the tea in China)? Ok you can find it but it's normally some lame atempt at a tea bag on a string in magma temperature water with a splash of milk. This is what the Brit's are missing out on, a chain of tea shops. Imagine it, "Can I have a big mug-gold top milk-builders strength-two lump-breakfast tea-to go"! I want to see this now. I've just got to think of some names for the tea shop chain?

5 Comments:

Blogger Molecular Turtle said...

How about Tea-time, or tippies?

9:23 pm  
Blogger Señor Tronosco said...

Nice!

I had "ecs-Tea-sy" and "T42" as ideas. Although the unintentional underlying drug reference in the first may be a marketing no-no!

The second would be good for this SMS generation, "Fan C metin @ T42 4 lrge 1" etc etc?

9:44 pm  
Blogger Heather said...

How about, My Tea is Rich. From the very funny book, A Year in the Merde - Stephen Clarke. This is what he calls his tea shop in Paris. If you read it, you'll see he also thinks it's a rubbish name.

5:52 pm  
Blogger Mary said...

hi there, if you want, you can add me at msn: maryunika@gmail.com and we practise english and spanish, do you like!?

kisses

^_^

8:37 pm  
Blogger Señor Tronosco said...

Heather, your post has provoked thoughts on what the Tea Shop Chain should stock as food?
I'm thinking a selection of dunking biscuits and other ancillary Tea food items? Obviously Battenburg will be stocked, read previous post! Will check the book out, looks like good research material.

Mary, Si, es muy amable por tu parte. My spanish is quite frankly a disgrace, escribeme pronto!

1:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home