mucho-danger

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Incident involving vending machine on platform one.

I was clearing out my work email box today and found this random exchange. Names have been changed to protect the innocent. It highlights so many things that are wrong in life. Read on;
-----Original Message-----
From: Reception
Sent: 10 August 2006 15:45
To: ALL Staff
Subject: BASINGSTOKE STATION - FOR INFORMATION
It has just been heard on the radio that Basingstoke station and the surrounding area has been closed due to an incident!!

Reception


-----Original Message-----
From: Señor Tronosco
Sent: 10 August 2006 16:00
To: Amigos
Subject: FW: BASINGSTOKE STATION - FOR INFORMATION
It's probably a violent incident involving that crappy vending machine on platform one. It once failed to give me a packet of Minstrels, after putting in the correct money. It got caught, I tried to shake the machine but it's bolted to the wall so I called the complaints number on the machine but no one answered...the busturds! Either that or it's the price of a scone in the shop...£1.09!

Señor Tronosco

------Original Message-----
From: Reception
Sent: 10 August 2006 16:07
To: ALL Staff
Subject: FW: BASINGSTOKE STATION - FOR INFORMATION
We have just phoned the central train information number and although there was an incident earlier this afternoon it is now cleared and the train station is now open.

Reception

-----Original Message-----
From: Amigos
Sent: 10 August 2006 16:24
To: Señor Tronosco
Subject: FW: BASINGTOKE STATION
Tronosco – I think your minstrels have come unstuck...you can pick them up on your way home...

-----Original Message-----
From: Señor Tronosco
Sent: 10 August 2006 16:35
To: Amigos
Subject: FW: BASINGSTOKE STATION - FOR INFORMATION
Cool!?
While I'm on the subject though, I don't have much luck with that vending machine.
I once put in £1.50 for a bumper bag of Revels and that also got stuck. The bag was teetering on the edge but just got caught! The only thing was that really angered me is that there was an old lady on the platform too. She was how do you say...em,..with a rusty bike, mad hair, loads of carrier bags and an old dog?
I accepted that the Revels had gone but it wasn't until I glanced over at the old lady 10minutes later that I noticed...she had two bumper bags of Revels! She had been stalking my loss of Revels and bagged a two for one vending machine bonus, whilst I wasn’t looking! I would have gone over and got them back but my train pulled in, plus she had a mad twitch, which worried me a bit.
Ho hum!


Señor Tronosco
End
All I can say is that it was a pretty dull day at work on the 10th.But, I do think Vending Machines bring out the worst in people! BTW I never did find out the real reason for the incident. Anyone out there have any Vending Machine horror stories they want to share?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home