mucho-danger

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

One Giant Leap?

I watched the film Apollo 13 last night. Guess what Amigos it got Senor thinking (seriously)!
Em...is it just me or what? We landed on the Moon! Can you believe that? I don’t care for the excuse of the Cold War space race or Kennedy or the science. Call me a romantic but the Moon shot can't be described with excuses. After 250,000 or so years us Homo sapiens briefly escaped the confines of Earth and ventured beyond our birthplace This was the first time that we had been able to look back at ourselves in the vastness of the Universe. Imagine the billions of people throughout human evolution who have looked up at the Moon and the stars and wondered and dreamed about their mystery. We went there!

Controversially I still rate Apollo as one of the most amazing achievements of the human race. An achievement not just in technology but something else I can’t quite put my finger on. At the same time I feel guilty at the financial decadence of the whole thing. It would seem though that my Pro-Apollo opinion is rare. I was speaking about it today and people are so negative, the moon landings were a waste of money, irrelevant, political, boring or faked!

What do you think?

PS. Not really wishing to lower the tone but....Hcw did they go to toilet on the Moon (dealing with number 1's should be easy but a numero dos)? Will research.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

agree, it's all very amazing, do they do weekend breaks there, I so want to go.

9:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Senor Tea!

Waste of money and I was actually disappointed that they discovered it wasn't made of cheese.

Hasta-la-Jesus-de-la-Rasta-Pasta...

12:51 pm  
Blogger Señor Tronosco said...

H!

La luna would be great to visit. Not sure the spacesuits would be to your liking, awfully practical, and with little style!
Em...and there is the bathroom issue?!

Jesus!
Hijo de burro! It only cost 24 billion dollars. Compare that with the waste of money I call the Vietnam war.
Cheese would have been good though, feta?

2:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home