mucho-danger

Friday, September 22, 2006

I once accidently sneezed on a daddy long legs...

It's lashing it down today, gatos y perros. I am intending to venture out into the fresh air to aid the convalescence. It is also to prevent me boredom buying more Van Cleef/Porcelain/DVD items from Amazon and Ebay.

I'm at present suffering smoking flashbacks, memories of smokier times. Ah! The drunken nights when I'd get through a pack of 20 in a couple of hours. Followed by feelings of nausea and irrepairable lung damage upon waking in the morning. Great times! The first ciggie of the day, unbelievably welcome yet inducing symptoms of acute bronchitis. Satisfying! The luxury of a fag after food, a "smokey pudding".....a roll up stuck to the lip, a smoke ring, 20 Reds and a box of matches. I've got to hold out, No toke since 5th September!

To ease my nicotine niggles I've been engaging the mind wildly in other areas of thought. Today, what with the weather, I am wondering where the hell do insects go when it's raining? I mean the size of a raindrop is bigger than the average insect. It's like me walking down the street and being pelted with bathtub volumes of water. Surely insects must sustain fatal injuries when it rains. As a kid I once accidently sneezed on a daddy long legs and it's legs fell off so I dread to think what mutilation occurs when it rains heavily. I'm guessing that insects bunk down under shelter when it rains? Or do they just carry on their business and accept the dangers? Is this natures way of regulating the insect population?
I'm off out to investigate.

6 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Am I the only person that comments here? Apart from your amusing friend Mr Pasta..

I'm giggling away..you what? sneezed on a daddy long legs? I've heard it all now..

I think you need to get out more...sorry forgot about your getting better and all that..

3:00 pm  
Blogger Señor Tronosco said...

I don't think there is a lot one can say about some of my posts...although feedback is appreciated.

Come on Amigos, stop mailing me and use the comments, don't be shy!

Yep it's something i've never forgot. The Daddy long legs was kinda buzzing around my face. I batted it away, it kept coming back, it tickled my nose, I sneezed and I swear all that was leftwas some severed legs on my T-shirt.

7:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's up with these daddy long legs, they seem to be everywhere these days...i found one in the fridge the other day munching on my cheese...
Maybe you should come around and sneeze around my house...LOL

9:06 pm  
Blogger Señor Tronosco said...

Hola LJRT

JeJe! Tis the season for them to be bouncing around and banging into things.

Was it after some feta? I hope none have made it into my fridge, I will look out for teeth marks!

10:37 pm  
Blogger baggelboy said...

I found some daddy long legs having sex in my hall way the other day.
There should be a law against it.

Well done on not smoking.
Ive given up for a year after 25 years of chain smoking.
If you eat meat then Red meat has some of the same effects as nicotine.

12:14 am  
Blogger Señor Tronosco said...

baggelboy, amigo!

Well done to you too on the non-smoking, that's an extra ten years on my record. Must have been tough!

8:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home