mucho-danger

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Post Operative Blues!

Buenas amigos! I'm still off work and becoming very agitated. There really is only so much TV I can watch in one day. I'm also eating like a horse, seriously every few hours I'm snacking. It's probably a good sign as I was down to 65kg when I left hospital!

Today's junk food (so far) has been as follows;

2 Bowls of Bran Flakes
2 Rounds of Toast and Jam
2 Bananas
1 small portion of Chicken Korma
1 Yoghurt
2 Muller Rice (Blueberry and Strawberry)
1 Pot of Soup
3 Eggs (scrambled on toast)
1 Bag of minstrels
1 Orange
2 Pint of Milk
1 Small portion of Chicken Casserole

Obviously the stomach is bearing up and I'm gradually testing it's strength and capacity. I don't want it bursting again! I'm still off the booze which will be the ultimate capacity test. I've also gone cold turkey on the cigarettes. It's hell but I had to do it some time. Pa fumar!

The boredom is becoming a problem though, I ended up on Amazon and Ebay today buying lot's of unessential items. Is this what they call retail therapy? Hombre, I started browsing for a new Spaghetti Western DVD, following my post yesterday. Next thing I know I've gone and bought some lavish imported box-set and had to buy a new multi-region DVD player to watch them! I'm too embarrassed to fully mention my ebay purchases but I'm sure Madonna (Our Lady Of Guadalupe) figurines can be sold back without a loss! Madre Mia, is it the prescription drugs, the lack of nicotine, post-op-blues?

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

prescription drugs definately..you poor thing, bet you've been getting lots of sympathy.

Your food list?.. but where are the tomatoes??

Have you seen my painting on your net surfing?

7:49 pm  
Blogger Señor Tronosco said...

I did have a tomato before I left hospital, it was waiting by my bedside, delicious.
I'm weaning myself back onto solid mediterranean food gradually, via classic english dishes(soft) and Muller Rice (3 down today).

Not tracked down the painting yet, I did look but with no luck. Will give it a go again, in between shifting "Our Lady Of Guadalupe"!

8:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home