mucho-danger

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Amigos, I felt like John Hurt in space at dinner time...

Happy Halloween, i've had a horrific day (follow links for gore).

Hombre! The plot thickens......Today I had the unfortunate experience of having a movie camera on the end of a tube forced down my throat! Praise Our Lady of Guadalupe this was a silent movie as there was no room for a furry microphone on a stick.

Ok amigos, i know I go on about this surgical stuff but it really is bizzare. There I was laid on my side, gagging and retching, whilst the surgeon appeared to be playing a video game. All I could see was what appeared to be some form of joystick/playstation controller in his hands and the glow of a TV screen. From the 'ooohs' and 'aaahs' from the crowd behind him I guessed he was winning. At one point I swear he had his tongue out to aid concentration, probably Pro-Evo Football on PS2 or something similar?
Looking back I wish I had taken the sedation, not the 'banana flavoured numbing throat spray'. Amigos, I felt like John Hurt in space at dinner time, you could feel the thing moving around!

Anyway another experience to tick off my list of horrors. BTW, the latest from this consulant is that my stomach innards are pristine and that I probably had Pneumonia( instead of a perforated duodenal ulcer)!!? Although I do still have Gall bladder issues?

I despair, any doctors out there? Write your diagnosis on a postcard and i'll pick one out of a hat.

7 Comments:

Blogger KAZ said...

The gall bladder contains bile - so it's not surprising that it has 'issues'.

Muchos Gracias Papa for making me a brand new blog!

8:48 pm  
Blogger Heather said...

You poor thing, that sounds absolutely horrible, shall I bring you back a tacky souvenir to cheer you up?

10:11 pm  
Blogger Señor Tronosco said...

Kaz
De nada. I'm hoping to cultivate some gallstones, 900US dollars an ounce for those ninas!

H!
Nowadays all this stuff should be done by mirrors or nanobots, surely?
Ole’, tacky is good, go for it!

Bon-bon viaje.

11:01 pm  
Blogger Annie said...

blimey,the lengths you will go to, to write a suitably Halloween post! Sorry you had to go through it but it must be quite amazing - do you get to see pictures of your insides? (I have a friend who made an x-ray into an 'interesting' lampshade once...)

12:22 am  
Blogger Señor Tronosco said...

Hola Annie!
Would be lovely if they did a take home souvenir DVD. Unfortunately this was an NHS live event.
I didn't get to see the screen, my back was to it, would have liked to have looked. I did see the pinkisk glow reflected on the surgeons face which was something i suppose.
X-ray lampshade, i'd buy that.

12:38 am  
Blogger nuttycow said...

Aloha MD (as you are now known to me). Thanks for the link.

Will have to now get up to speed on what your blog's about and what's been going on in your life.

Take care,
nutty

10:38 pm  
Blogger Señor Tronosco said...

Bienvenido and de nada!

At present I'm trying to move away from the surgical horror writing...but there's plenty of other cud to chew over here.

Madre Mia, I did it again, please excuse the gut references and their constant regurgitation!

10:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home